Important Tips before visiting Myanmar
Passport should be in hand and at least 6 months validity must be remained in time of Visa Application
2) Myanmar Visa is necessary to visit Myanmar. You can apply at Myanmar Embassy in your country and it will probably take more or less 2 weeks. Visa On Arrival is being issued to those who have difficulties to apply Myanmar Visa at the Myanmar Embassy in their country and to those whose country doesn’t have Myanmar Embassy.
3) You can bring 10000 US $ per person for personal expense and if you bring more than that, you can declare in the Customs Form on arrival. Credit Cards or Traveler’s Cheque are not yet widely accepted.
4) The notes of US $ should be nearly brand new. If there is a torn or a stain or old note, people in Myanmar will refuse to accept. Bring 100 $ notes as well as 50, 20, 10 and so on notes NEW NOTES PLEASE!!!
- Monsoon season in Myanmar is from June to October. You should expect heavy rains and mosquitoes. We recommend that you bring a light weight raincoat and mosquito repellent.
6) From November until February is Myanmar’s winter season. The days are pleasantly warm to hot, but evenings are comfortably cool. We recommend that you bring hats, sunglasses and sunscreen. Sturdy sandals and a light evening sweater are also recommended!
7) From February to the end of May, is summer and needless to say, the temperature is high. Staying well hydrated with ample fluid intake in the day-time is required as is avoiding the sun from 11:30 AM to 3:00 P.M.
8) Malaria is not usually a problem at most tourist destinations.
9) Internet connections in Myanmar are not as fast as usual but will ordinarily be available in your hotel. You may bring your laptops, iPad, and so on.
10) The entry to Myanmar is best and easiest by FLIGHT. Most of the flights to Yangon, Myanmar land via Bangkok, and also via Malaysia, Singapore and so on. However, via Bangkok, there are several flights a day by airlines such as Thai Airways International, Thai Airasia, Bangkok Airways and so on.
Ayuda Myanmar Travel Tour Agency